Firsts

Unknown Reply 23:13

GUYS I just want to start off by saying my first year of IB actually changed my life. I learned more in that year than I did in all my previous years of school combined. I was actually challenged, but in the process I was scarred both mentally and physically. Okay, maybe not physically, but every time I was assigned another geography case study due the same day as a math test, Id feel as if I was being stabbed in the gut. SO you know what, yes both mentally AND physically scarred. It was a year filled with plenty of firsts. I will start by naming these "Firsts" and if you experienced them too after your first year comment below adding other "Firsts" that you experienced. If you are entering IB this year, here are some of the things you're going to deal with. Or at least try to.

1. It was my first time pulling two all-nighters in a row, that's right 48 consecutive hours of no sleep.
2. It was my first time faking sick so I could stay home and get my homework done, if that isn't sad tell me what is.
3. It was my first time sleeping in the library or basically anywhere during lunch.
4. It was my first time not getting the best grades on tests, I was a try hard to the extreme before IB.
5. It was my first time procrastinating, I'll talk more about the subject of procrastination in another post, it definitely needs to be further analyzed.
6. It was my first time bringing my laptop with me to school, way more than often, to get work done.
7. It was my first time having to set 2am alarms to wake up and start my homework after naps
8. Lastly it was my first time having to work hard in every class, because every class involves a lot of time put into it.

The first year of IB is the year you literally learn everything, but the most important thing you come out with is how important sleep is. You will never value sleep more until you're up for the second day in a row at 4am and all you're thinking is "the things I would do just to close my eyes for 10 minutes." Or you're in your second class of the day and the only thoughts running through your mind are "I cannot freaking wait until I get home and I can take a nap."

NEVER say "whatever sleep is for the weak," OKAY BECAUSE SLEEP IS NOT FOR THE WEAK, IT IS THE ONLY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE THAT WILL TRULY KEEP YOU GOING THROUGH THIS YEAR. Keep in mind that you won't really be able to process a lot when you are lacking sleep. I remember in a lot of math classes I would walk out not even remembering what just happened, and I suffered the consequences. Always make sure you get a good amount of sleep, especially since in IB you're learning something new everyday.

Stay Positive, and Stay Tuned for more updates :)

Peace, Love, IB.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Popular Posts

Follow us